Welcome To My Journey

I have created this blog to record the things I learn as I progress in my studies of the Windows Operating System. My focus will primarily be the latest Operating System offerings by Microsoft, but much of the content below may also apply to earlier versions. I invite you to join me as I explore and learn about Microsoft Windows!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Using Winver to Determine Your Windows Version

As a first step, I wanted to verify the version of Windows running in my Hyper-V environment.  It's been awhile since I installed it and I couldn't remember whether or not it was Windows 2008 R2.  I decided to capture a very short video showing how to determine this with the command-line tool known as WINVER.

Pretty simple, and yet important if someone doesn't know the version of Windows they're running.  I hope this helps.