Welcome To My Journey

I have created this blog to record the things I learn as I progress in my studies of the Windows Operating System. My focus will primarily be the latest Operating System offerings by Microsoft, but much of the content below may also apply to earlier versions. I invite you to join me as I explore and learn about Microsoft Windows!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Installing Windows 7 Using Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) - Part 6

In this final installment of the series, I show how to install a new Windows 7 workstation using the tools and components we've put in place.  This final piece leverages our custom .wim file, which we install from the network share where it was placed in the previous video, to build a fully-functioning Windows 7 environment.



The tools we use in this video are:
  1. BCDBOOT - Used to set up a system partition on a computer, or to repair the boot environment within the system partition of a computer.  BCDBoot can be run from Windows PE
  2. DISKPART - A Command-line tool that enables disk configuration and management from within a Windows PE environment
  3. IMAGEX - A command-line tool used to capture, modify, and rapidly deploy file-based disk images.
Reference Material Used in Creating this Blog: