Welcome To My Journey

I have created this blog to record the things I learn as I progress in my studies of the Windows Operating System. My focus will primarily be the latest Operating System offerings by Microsoft, but much of the content below may also apply to earlier versions. I invite you to join me as I explore and learn about Microsoft Windows!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Installing Windows 7 Using Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) - Part 1

In this series of posts, I'll be demonstrating how to automatically deploy a Windows 7 Enterprise client using Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK).  This first part shows how to install WAIK.  A couple of important points to note before you begin:
  1. It will be necessary to download WAIK before you can install it.  Because Microsoft updates this tool from time to time, the best way to find the download is to go to www.microsoft.com/downloads and search for it.
  2. When deciding where you will install WAIK, you will want to pick a machine that can be used to build images, make changes, etc.  It is not recommended that you use a production server, or even your own personal PC.  Instead, pick a device you don't mind making lots of changes to.
Here is the video showing how to install WAIK:



Reference Material Used in Creating this Blog: