Welcome To My Journey

I have created this blog to record the things I learn as I progress in my studies of the Windows Operating System. My focus will primarily be the latest Operating System offerings by Microsoft, but much of the content below may also apply to earlier versions. I invite you to join me as I explore and learn about Microsoft Windows!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Installing Windows 7 Using Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) - Part 5

In this post, I will show you how to use the .iso file created in Part 4 to:
  1. Boot to the WinPE environment on our previously created reference computer
  2. Use ImageX to create a custom .wim file incorporating the settings from our reference computer
  3. Copy the custom .wim file to a network share where it can be used for automated installs of Windows 7


In Part 6, I'll show how we are now in a position to use the .wim file to automatically install a new Windows 7 workstation.

Reference Material Used in Creating this Blog: