Welcome To My Journey

I have created this blog to record the things I learn as I progress in my studies of the Windows Operating System. My focus will primarily be the latest Operating System offerings by Microsoft, but much of the content below may also apply to earlier versions. I invite you to join me as I explore and learn about Microsoft Windows!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Installing Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory Domain Services - Part 3 (Server Core)

In this demo, I show how to use an unattend.txt file to promote a Windows 2008 Server Core machine to be a domain controller.

Tools used in this video:

  1. DCPromo – This command-line tool is used to add/remove Active Directory Domain Services on a specified Windows Server

Reference Material Used in Creating this Blog:

In the final part of this series I’ll show how to configure a DC as a Read-Only Domain Controller (RODC).

Until then…