Welcome To My Journey

I have created this blog to record the things I learn as I progress in my studies of the Windows Operating System. My focus will primarily be the latest Operating System offerings by Microsoft, but much of the content below may also apply to earlier versions. I invite you to join me as I explore and learn about Microsoft Windows!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How to Activate a Windows Product License Key on Windows 2008 R2 Server Core

In a previous demonstration I promised to show how to activate your Windows Product License Key on a Windows Server Core machine.  I forgot to do that, so I’ve created this brief video to do so.

Essentially, you do everything through a Visual Basic Script called the Windows Software Licensing Management Tool (slmgr.vbs).

For a complete description of the available switches when working with slmgr.vbs, you can check out the following TechNet article:

Slmgr.vbs Options

Sorry about neglecting this in the previous video.  Hopefully now everyone is caught up.

Until next time…