Welcome To My Journey

I have created this blog to record the things I learn as I progress in my studies of the Windows Operating System. My focus will primarily be the latest Operating System offerings by Microsoft, but much of the content below may also apply to earlier versions. I invite you to join me as I explore and learn about Microsoft Windows!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Planning for Windows Server 2008 R2 with the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit

In this video, I show how to use the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) tool.  Though this tool allows us to do many other things besides preparing for Windows Server 2008 R2, this video doesn’t try to cover every possible feature of the tool.

Some other application of the MAP tool include:

  • Performance Metrics
  • Windows 7/8 Readiness
  • Office 2010 Readiness
  • Internet Explorer Discovery
  • Server/Desktop Virtualization Planning
  • Windows Server 2012 Readiness

Administrators interested in learning more about this tool and its applications should refer to the links I’ve provided below.

Additional Reference Material: